viernes, 3 de julio de 2009

Pavement - Summer Babe (Winter Version) (1992)


From the album Slanted and Enchanted in 1992



Ice baby,
I saw your girlfriend and she was
Eating her fingers like theyre just another meal
But she waits there
In the levee washes
Mixin cocktails with a plastic-tipped cigar

My eyes stick to all the shiny roses
You wear on the protein delta strip
In an abandoned house but I will wait there
Ill be waiting forever...
Ill wait and wait and wait...

Minerals, ice deposits daily, dropped off
The first shiny robe
Ive got a lot of things I want to sell, but
Not here, babe-- tortuuurreeee...

Every time I sit around I find Im shot
Every time I sit around I find Im shot
Every time I turn around I find Im shot
Every time I sit around I find Im shot
Every time every time...
Youre my... summer babe
Summer babe

No hay comentarios: